CPG Audience Workshop Analyst (IC3)
Location: Connecticut, United States
Posted: January 24, 2017
Reference ID: 170002ZT
• Experience and Skills:
o BA or BS in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering. Advanced degree in marketing or quantitative discipline highly desired
o 2-4 years of data science or applied analytics experience in consumer marketing analytics role, including SQL experience. CPG analysis experience highly desired.
• Demonstrated technical proficiency in SQL, including "big data" experience
• Experience with 1 st Party / CRM data and analysis a plus
• Key Job Responsibilities:
o Run Audience Workshop Analyses mainly in SQL
o Be highly proficient in Excel
o Ability to quickly learn and leverage various Front End systems / platforms
o Program system per Client specifications
o Develop polished Power Point Presentations for internal review with key internal stakeholders
o Make recommendations for ongoing to improve processes and workflows
o Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in various stages of completeness
o Comfortable in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment to meet critical internal and external client deadlines
o Proficient presentation and communication skills - mostly internal stakeholders - some client contact
• Travel = minimal - less than 10%
Sa Slary Range - 75K to 85K annually with ~15% bonus
• Location: Monroe, CT
• No relocation
Primary responsibilities include:
• Performing value-add, insights-oriented analytic work across the organization.
• Effectively communicating findings internally
• Delivering client specific analysis to key internal stakeholders
• Creating impactful presentations that: Communicate analytical findings in an intuitive manner, provide compelling recommendations that are supported facts
• Building and compiling analysis datasets from disparate systems and technology platforms
• Mainly SQL
• Managing a queue of analytic projects
• Improving existing work or author original analysis that advance our ability to: Interpret results, deliver more effective predictive models, address previously undiscovered challenges that reduce our ability to deliver outcomes that exceed client expectations.
• Working with Cross Functional team to drive process efficiency and increase scale and shorten analysis turnaround time.
Skills and Qualifications:
• BA or BS in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering. Advanced degree in marketing or quantitative discipline highly desired
• 1-2 years of data science or applied analytics experience in consumer marketing analytics role, including SQL expeience. CPG analysis experience highly desired.
• Demonstrated technical proficiency:
o Database and/or SQL skills, including "big data" experience (billions of records)
o Experience with leading statistical analysis software packages or programming languages (SAS, R, Python) a strong plus
• Solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Exceptional problem solving skills with unrelenting focus on practical business implications.
• Collaborative, positive attitude with desire to work in a demanding, fast paced, and dynamic work environment for a rapidly growing company
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
P rograms methods, and processes, to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for CPG clients.
Interacts with CPG Brand Strategy,CPG Client Solutions, IT, and Product teams to deliver Audience Workshop analyses. Develop queries, algorithms, and automated processes to analyze large CPG and Non-CPG behavioral data sets. Interpret and communicate insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers. Develop polished Power Point presentations to share the results of each Audience Workshop analysis with internal team.
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.