Job Description: Industrial Engineers plan plant, production facilities and equipment layouts, determines the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow, and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel. Develops metrics to measure equipment and factory capacity and output, and to identify equipment and process flow bottlenecks. May establish or assist in establishing accident prevention measures and may plan and schedule training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations. Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems. On the basis of these studies, develops and implements plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
CQN Stress Labs Engineering and Operations Lab (SEO) Industrial Engineers are responsible for a broad scope of work across the SEO organization and core stakeholder groups outside of SEO. The scope of this position includes business process design/analysis and continuous improvements, project management for large and small projects, data systems and data analysis, capacity planning, layout and facilities planning, construction project planning, expense and capital budgeting, workplace organization and the application of Lean methodologies, operational efficiencies, and other continuous improvement activities in support of the organizational. The scope also involves strategic and tactical planning and execution in a dynamic technology development environment. This is an entry level position.
Qualifications: The successful Industrial Engineering candidate is self-motivated, utilizes Lean thinking and tools to streamline and standardize business processes, demonstrates solid project management skills, and possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills across different levels of an organization. The individual will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyze complex data, derive clear recommendations and present them in an effective manner. The individual will thrive working in a collaborative and multi-cultural team environment.
Educational Skills: Bachelors of Science in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering to include up to 1.5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is highly desired.
- Experience with semi-conductor fab and/or assembly/test tool sets and manufacturing flows is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to apply the fundamentals of Industrial Engineering to solve problems across a wide range of projects and business processes.
- Analytical skills include the capability to use various manufacturing databases to extract and analyze data for operational/process performance.
- Effectively utilize logic, data and reason to develop alternative solutions, implementation strategies and monitor outcome performance to ensure desired results are achieved (Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle).
- Utilize knowledge and experience of Lean Principles to conduct direct observations, perform time studies, improve processes, and eliminate wastes/inefficiencies.
- Experience with ISO9001 requirements and auditing is a strong plus.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.