CRA Mortgage Consultant (Baltimore/Columbia)
Are you a mover and a shaker who enjoys helping clients find financial peace of mind while purchasing a home? Join Capital One’s fastest growing line of business, Capital One Home Loans. Within our Mortgage division, we are seeking an experienced, highly motivated CRA Mortgage Consultant who possesses strong customer acquisition and communication skills to work with aspirational home purchasers in local markets while coordinating with internal and external relationships.
This is a field position that involves strong self-motivation, teamwork, strategic thinking, and attention to detail, good judgment, a strong results focus and the ability to adapt to change quickly.
· Identify, develop and follow up on cold and warm sales leads for mortgage lending to consumers within diverse communities including low-moderate income, multi-cultural, first-time homebuyer and workforce segments.
· Develop, cultivate and maintain relationships with borrowers and mortgage team.
· Collaborate with operations staff (particularly Processors, Underwriters and Closers) to ensure that the loan applications are fully completed, that the necessary supporting documentation is received and that the loans close on schedule.
· Coordinate loan closing, escrow signing and assisting borrowers in the closing process.
· Understand and comply with mortgage industry regulations, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Community Reinvestment Act, Truth in Lending Laws, etc.
· Understand and clearly communicate various mortgage products and features, that resonate with aspirational homeowners including FHA, VA and Conventional loan terms as well as special programs provided through public subsidies such as Bond Programs, Down Payment Assistance, Mortgage Credit Certificates, etc. while ensuring that borrowers are put into a loan program for which they qualify.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification or military experience
- At least 2 years experience in residential mortgage sales originations
- At least 2 years experience in FNMA/FHLMC programs and underwriting guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years experience working in a Bank regulated environment.
- An existing book of business from external sources.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Requires successful registration with, and issuance of a unique identification number from, the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act)