With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Performs all maintenance functions of production and support equipment in the assigned areas. Work includes routine inspection and repair or replacement of defective or faulty parts on machines and related equipment. All work is to be performed in such a manner as to ensure good workmanship with minimum delay. Additional responsibility for operation, repair, and maintenance of facility utility equipment, including boiler systems, chiller & cooling tower systems, HVAC equipment, air compressors, and other typical plant utility equipment. Required to perform installation, repair, and maintenance of facility & process equipment, and/or buildings & grounds. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Ensure the continued operation of all equipment related to the assigned areas in a safe and efficient manner according to ISO/GMP, policies and OSHA regulations.
- Defined troubleshooting logic when diagnosing equipment problems of mechanical or electrical nature.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) on equipment.
- Document all maintenance performed on equipment related to the assigned areas according to policies.
- Document machine parameters and follow set-up sheets according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Repair and replace parts on equipment in assigned area.
- Read and understand electrical drawings, schematics, and flowcharts.
- Layout, assemble and wire equipment systems from electrical schematic packages.
- Interface and operate in SAP Maintenance environment
- Operate shop equipment to repair /upgrade/modify parts for equipment safely and effectively, including use of basic hand tools.
- Troubleshoot/repair/program/install motor control, sensors and electrical control devices.
- Troubleshoot and repair PLC hardware systems.
- Upload/download software to motor control drives.
- Upload/download software to Man-Machine Interface (MMI) control interface systems.
- Apply pneumatic principles to repair, upgrade and control equipment and ancillary devices.
- Control processes on all machinery and ancillary devices in department.
- Participate in department specific training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Practice safe working practices. Must have knowledge of confined spaces, lockout / tag out and protective clothing requirements.
- Safely maneuver forklifts and electric jacks in department.
- Self-Directed Work Team (SDWT) principles.
- Knowledge of quality procedures and requirements.
- Lean Basics and apply principles to manufacturing floor activities.
- Basic problem solving principles and logical troubleshooting techniques.
- Hazardous material handling and be able to perform HazMat techniques.
- Knowledge of metallurgical principles.
- Part cross referencing and Change Control Request (CCR) process.
- Ability to navigate AutoCAD software to retrieve drawings.
- Knowledge of robotic control systems.
- Basic plastic welding concepts and system troubleshooting.
- Understand documentation of calibration management system of equipment in department.
- Installation of conduit and pull content wire.
- Basic fluids principles and application to equipment.
- Refrigeration and air conditioning principles of operation.
- Boiler operation and controls, heat source and supply systems.
- Basic rigging principles and apply principles to equipment relocation.
- Maintain facility lighting circuits, troubleshoot / replacing fixture, bulbs and ballast.
- Facility power distribution system.
- Install black iron pipe and fittings, copper pipe, tubing and related fittings. Must be able to solder and braze.
- Chiller and cooling tower systems.
- Perform basic welding as trained.
- Heat exchangers and their operations.
- U.V filtering systems.
- Backflow preventers.
- Maintain steam system traps, regulators, and control valves.
- Balance HVAC systems.
- Emergency backup power generators.
- Troubleshoot transformers.
- Effectively communicate with vendors and external resources.
- Initiate purchase orders for parts and cross reference specs for ordering replacement parts.
- Microsoft Office software.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum of five years previous experience and/or formal training in mechanical and electronic equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work continuous operations scheduling (including nights and/or weekends).
- Provide off shift/weekend on call support to production facility.
- Electro Mechanical Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- Noise Intensity: Medium - Loud
- Occasionally: Vibration, working in high exposed places, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals
- Frequently: Proximity to moving parts, exposure to injury from biohazards
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.