With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Performs all maintenance functions of production and support equipment in the assigned areas. Work includes routine inspection and repair or replacement of defective or faulty parts on machines and related equipment. All work is to be performed in such a manner as to ensure good workmanship with minimum delay Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Must show aptitude in required skill set.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in team environment.
- Must demonstrate safe working practices.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instruction.
- Must show ability to perform PM on equipment in department.
- Repair and replace parts on equipment in assigned area.
- Be able to use basic hand tools.
- Document all maintenance performed on equipment related to the assigned areas according to policies.
- Understand Lean Basics and apply principle's to manufacturing floor activities.
- Be able to safely maneuver forklifts and electric jacks in department.
- Understand Workgroup Basics and apply principle's to manufacturing floor activities.
- Be able to complete PM's on all equipment safely within assigned department.
- Read and understand electrical drawings, schematics, and flowcharts.
- Provide accurate documentation of all work performed when required.
- Knowledge of Basic Problem Solving Principles.
- Show a defined troubleshooting logic when diagnosing equipment problems of mechanical or electrical nature.
- Be able to use Lotus Notes e-mail software packages.
- Ensure the continued operation of all equipment related to the assigned areas in a safe and efficient manner according to ISO/GMP, policies and OSHA regulations.
- Understand MS office software.
- Understand Basic Print Reading Concepts.
- Must participate in Department specific training.
- Understand and apply SDWT principles.
- Must perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand hazardous material handling and be able to perform HazMat techniques.
- Understand and successfully interface and operate in SAP Maintenance environment
- Be able to layout/assemble/wire equipment systems from electrical schematic packages.
- Be able to troubleshoot and repair Pneumatic systems on equipment and ancillary devices.
- Ability to use Shop Equipment to repair /upgrade/modify parts for equipment.
- Understand how to troubleshoot/repair/program/install Motor Control Systems in Department.
- Understand how to upload/download software to Motor control drives.
- Initiate purchase orders for parts and cross reference specs for ordering replacement parts.
- Be able to apply pneumatic principles to repair, upgrade and control equipment and ancillary devices.
- Document Machine parameters and follow set-up sheets according to SOP's.
- Understand part cross referencing and CCR process.
- Be able to navigate AutoCAD software to retrieve drawings.
- Become familiar with plastic processing and molding machines.
- Understand and apply SDWT principles.
- Understand basic plastic welding principles used in department.
- Minimum Electro Mechanical Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school or equivalent experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- Strength Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Occasionally lift or carry up to:10 - 50 lbs
- Frequently lift or carry up to:Less than 10 lbs
- Occasionally:Reaching upward, reaching downward
- Occasionally:Sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, balancing, feeling
- Frequently:Standing, walking, talking, keyboard use, hearing, near acuity, far acuity, depth perception, color vision, field of vision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- Noise Intensity:Loud
- Occasionally:Vibration, working in high exposed places, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals
- Frequently:Exposure to electrical shock
- Constantly:Proximity to moving parts, exposure to injury from biohazards
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.