At Opower (now a part of Oracle Utilities), we're working to change the way people think about their energy use-and succeeding in helping them use less. I n this role, you'll be part of a mini creative agency combining print, web, and conceptual work to communicate with millions of people about how to save energy and lower their utility bills. We support 100 domestic and international clients with diverse needs, so, if you're up for a creative challenge, this role is for you.
Location: Downtown San Francisco (CA). Full time (sorry no corp to corp or 1099) with full Oracle benefits
• Believe in good ideas, executed well-you like to see a project through from the initial concept to the smallest details
• Appreciate working in a clean, modern design aesthetic
• Enjoy digital illustration work-you're flexible and have the ability to pick up styles a sneeded
• Thrive working on a team and have strong interpersonal communication skills
• Are great with time management and enjoy engaging with multiple projects at once
• Value best practices, well-organized files, air-tight documentation, and clean process
• 3 or more years of working experience as a Graphic Designer
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat
• Create engaging and effective designs for digital and print communications across a variety of utility client needs and brand guidelines
• Report to our creative director and collaborate with copywriters, strategists, account managers, and other graphic designers, as well as UX designers, researchers, and developers as part of a larger UX design team
• Dive deep into the world of energy efficiency to turn complex topics into strong concepts and clear content that empowers people to save more energy
• Work with our in-house printing and developer teams to deliver production-ready pieces for print and web and help ensure this quality across all team deliverables
• Familiarity with commercial print production specs is considered a plus, but not mandatory
• Bachelor's degree (BFA or BA) in graphic design or a related field
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
As part of Oracle*s marketing team, develop integrated marketing design for events, campaigns, collateral, launches, direct mail, logo design, e-marketing efforts, corporate identity and design for a global community. Set the tone for Direct Marketing, Events, and Branding Development. Work with team to build new technology demonstrations and content to support Oracle*s global marketing programs.
Interact confidently with clients and present ideas. Be proactive in researching design and going beyond expectations. Work independently and as part of a team to develop integrated marketing design for events, campaigns, collateral, launches, direct mail, logo design, e-marketing efforts, corporate identity and design for a global community.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Great skill with all current design tools. Thorough knowledge of web publishing and web restrictions. Good sense of classic typography and modernist design principles, but comfortable in a variety of styles. Passion, interest and energy to keep knowledgeable of innovative design trends and methodologies. Strong written and oral communication skill. Ability to work under tight deadlines. Detail oriented. Self starter able to prioritize given responsibilities. 5 years relevant work experience with a design studio, agency, or corporate design group. Degree in graphic design preferred.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.