At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
The Creative Director will be a collaborative leader within the Marketing team, demonstrating aptitude for both the creative and business sides of marketing. He/she will be responsible for leading the internal creative team, and any external partners, on all projects and guiding/overseeing the quality of the team's work. We're looking for someone who is curious and passionate: on top of trends and how to apply them within our business framework, and will recognize and implement fresh, differentiating approaches to branding and communication.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strategic thinking and problem-solving skills through examples of their work and the problems they solved, be a dynamic and inspiring presenter, and have recent experience working on innovative, integrated campaigns. Please include your portfolio link with your application.
You'll make a difference by...
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies and ideas
- Brainstorm and conceptualize new projects with marketing and creative teams
- Spark new ideas and develop how we tell the story
- Act as a change agent/impact player from both an internal and external perspective
- Lead and motivate creative team
- Manage and oversee the creative process, directing production, layout, design, and copywriting
- Review work, troubleshoot, and provide feedback to creative teams
- Maintain accountability for overall quality and effectiveness of creative work
- In conjunction with Project Manager, effective manage creative projects from conceptualization to completion
- Step in to write or art direct as necessary
- Identify work process improvements
- Ensure brand standards are consistently met
You'll do that with your...
- Well-rounded portfolio of client work, demonstrating a strong understanding of objectives and strategies
- Exceptional storytelling skills
- Exceptional design talent
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to recognize and drive great creative work
- Ability to teach/nurture creative talent within the group
- Passion for business and not satisfied with status quo - always thinking of way to improve/grow
You'll know you're ready if you...
- Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Design or related field preferred
- 10+ years creative experience with large corporations and/or creative agency
- Dynamic, creative personality effectively engaging in influencing the organization
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and provide local and/or state licensing according to state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.