Skype enables the world’s conversations. Millions of individuals and business worldwide use Skype to make free video and voice calls, send instant messages, and be together. Conversations are being re-invented with intelligent bots, immersive video experiences, and rich sharing. Join Skype and create magical experiences for hundreds of millions of people on Skype! We’re not only passionate on building the best product, but also the best environment that doesn’t get bogged down by big-company-culture and can instead focus on the right customer experience, great design, and quick iterations to prove our ideas through data. We want our users to love our products and we are committed to providing them with the most engaging and natural experiences. It’s still early but fast forward a few years and you will have a huge impact on everyday life for billions of people.
This role is to join our design team as a Creative Director. We are looking for a CD whose work reflects a passion for connecting people, a curiosity for exploring new product interaction paradigms, an affinity for designing cohesive experiences across software and hardware, a sensible and thorough pursuit of user delight, and a track record for delivering thoughtful iconic products. Being highly creative with a love for solving design problems at all levels - from big picture thinking, to proof of concepts, prototypes, to detailed design - is integral for success.
This could be the role for you are a strong, collaborative design leader who wears many hats, thinks conceptually and strategically about design and is passionate about delivering new visual and motion language across a variety of form factors and thus communicating your ideas using a wide variety of methods - - from sketches, to interaction flows, to visual and functional prototypes, to fully rendered designs. You have experience in designing innovative consumer products and have demonstrated ability to effectively partner with product owners and development team members to shepherd end to end experiences from concept to ship. You are a great creator, collaborator, communicator and coach and your portfolio demonstrates strong skill in visual composition, typography, color, animation and/or motion design.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Contribute to the building of a strong and successful design team
• Communicate, document, and represent design direction to team members, senior management and key stakeholders
• Expertly craft documentation to represent the team’s vision around user experience, including: storyboards, schematics, style guides, movies, PPTs and prototypes
• Ensure the experience vision is driven by a well-defined nucleus of user needs, tasks, marketing and business requirements
• Direct and develop information architecture, wire frames and software UI
• Work with design, development and program management teams to ensure interaction and visual designs communicate and function successfully for varying technical and performance specifications
• Work with user researchers to coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design efforts
• Effectively communicate with developers through implementation phase to realize design vision
• Qualified candidates should have at least 7 years of experience including experience leading design teams through at least one full product development cycle; successful experience in a Creative Director, Art Director or equivalent role
• 7+ years’ experience in design of a consumer experience (software, mobile, web, other media), with an emphasis on conceptual, visual, interaction design and strategic thinking
• Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
• Have strong visual design skills, think conceptually about design, present excellent problem solving skills, and exercise the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
• Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape a product
• Demonstrate ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing and Usability
• Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch with an understanding of rapid prototyping platforms such as Flash, Director and After Effects, Flinto
• Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
• A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Interface Design, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Architecture or equivalent
*Portfolio review require
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.