What you’ll be doing...
Why work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
- Leads in directing and executing the design of marketing assets as prescribed by creative/marketing briefs.
- Provide art direction on small-and large-scale projects from creative conception to completion.
- Brainstorms and strategizes with creative team to help develop creative direction with a focus on the look and feel of marketing materials.
- Converts rough ideas into visual prototypes (e.g., sketches, layout drafts) to illustrate concepts for creative reviews.
- Recommends, researches and develops imagery (e.g., photography, illustration) to support creative strategy and execution.
- Collaborates with writing team to artfully build creative solutions to address specific project objectives.
- Directs and is accountable for the final development and production of creative assets and ensures accuracy, attention to details and overall meets or exceeds the design objectives.
- Ensures brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
- Supports the Creative Director and creative team in developing creative strategies and concepts.
- Plays an active role in contributing conceptual ideas in brainstorms or offline creative development.
- Works to improve the team’s overall performance and embraces a collaborative approach.
- Provides visible support for leadership and helps build a unified team mindset.
What we’re looking for...
skills and Knowledge required
- Demonstrates proficient expertise in using Adobe Creative Cloud software as required by the job function.
- Understands design applications in traditional and emerging channels.
- Actively participates in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics and brand insights
- States opinions clearly and can verbally describe visual concepts.
- Produces work that adheres to brand standards, but also able to explore new interpretations of the brand and develops out-of-the-box approaches to grow the visual identity of the brand.
- Can take direction well from creative directors.
- Responsible for understanding industry standard best practices across all channels.
- Understands that all projects require attention to detail so that work is on-time, on-budget and on-strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree recommended, preferably in design, advertising or related field.
- Minimum of three years’ professional level experience required in art direction or design for digital marketing, at an external agency or in-house agency.
- Can work well with a copywriter to develop campaign concepts that answer a strategic brief.
- Is an idea machine that can take direction and be guided by Creative Directors.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates strong creative conceptualization skills.
- Attention to details and craft.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.