At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking a Creative Leader for the Industrial Business Group located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary
This role will write product, application, market, campaign, social, etc. copy to support the entire end-to-end customer journey and to drive increased conversion rate and sales. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to:
- Create exceptional copy that will influence buying decisions and engage target customers
- Build highly collaborative relationships with functional experts in marketing, communications, technical service, and legal to ensure business requirements are met, functional insights are leveraged, and copy approval processes are optimized
- Apply effective research strategies to develop content when little or none exists including performing market, customer, and product research in collaboration with marketing teams to inform content creation
- Comply with all branding and trademarking standards, as well as specific content component standards
- Use appropriate Manufacturer or Distributor voice during copy creation to meet content publishing specifications and organic search strategies across multiple digital delivery channels
- Apply SEO best practices, incorporating keywords and meta tags to increase search engine results page (SERP) ranking
- Balance priorities and managing multiple projects across several divisions from kick-off to completion
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Experience with digital content styles and writing for eCommerce catalogs
- Technical writing experience
- Basic understanding of XML and HTML
- Exceptional written communication and grammar skills
- Ability to build positive relationships among peers and management
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects across several internal departments
- Content management software experience
- Understanding of the content lifecycle, content marketing, customer journey mapping, personas, and insights
- Preferred candidate will execute strong copy writing strategies and crisp keyword analysis to create robust short and long product descriptions, along with impactful feature and benefit statements, to meet critical business and channel program priorities.
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: Minimal Travel is anticipated
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.