In this position for Parallon, the Credentialing Specialist is responsible for credentialing new and established health care providers, and maintenance of information to include primary source verification, follow up, data collection, data entry, and document review.
• Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor Degree preferred.
• Minimum one-year experience preferred in healthcare credentialing (i.e., healthcare facility,
managed care setting, credentials verification organization, or Medical Staff Office)
• Experience with Credentialing Accreditation by Joint Commission or National Committee for
Quality Assurance preferred
• Demonstrated working knowledge of the health care and credentialing industry, including
medical-legal issues and laws, regulatory agencies, and other national standards preferred
• Completion of post Cactus training testing of 90% or greater
• Understanding of professional telephone etiquette
• Able to work with minimal supervision and works well in both individual and group environment
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom