Company DescriptionCommon Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Credit Analyst will be an integral part of our Bundled Acquiring Group and will be responsible for underwriting merchant applications for our growing CyberSource merchant base. Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Apply appropriate underwriting criteria to prospective merchant applications in accordance with credit policy to ensure financial exposure is appropriately mitigated.
- Support overall business needs by ensuring Underwriting group makes quality credit decisions within published SLAs.
- Underwrite merchants for both our Enterprise and Small Business platforms.
- Team with Sales and Acquiring Partners in order to provide a seamless experience to prospective merchants.
- Perform periodic reviews of existing merchants in an effort to manage overall risk.
- Work with Sales and Account Management on quantitative and qualitative understanding of merchant's acceptance costs and processing effectiveness.
- Take an active role within CyberSource to identify and recommend for approval process/policy changes to make the group more effective.
- Contribute, as needed, to ongoing projects for the Acquiring Operations team.
- 3-5 years' experience with credit underwriting. Previous experience with Merchant Acquiring or Credit Card processing is a plus.
- Signing authority over risk exposure commiserate with job level and product offering.
- Experience with financial analysis, including the ability to review and understand financial statements of both small- and large-sized companies which encompasses financial modeling and calculation of key ratios.
- Excellent quantitative and Excel skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.