Posted: January 07, 2017
Reference ID: 1426626911
Under direction of Commercial Underwriting Manager perform credit analysis and credit request packaging and other related activities and duties in order to ensure timely, accurate presentations in accordance with expectations. This position requires beginning to intermediate understanding of the loan analysis and underwriting functions. The ability to handle a variety of loan types, including SBA, and a high degree of complexity is required at this level. This position will communicate frequently with senior management officers, officials, business or professional representatives from outside groups, agencies, and organizations.
• Perform analysis of financial statements, cash flows, and tax returns to evaluate the financial position of the Borrower and/or Guarantor(s). Prepare evaluation of borrower's / guarantor(s) ability to repay. May recommend loan terms and/or pricing structures to commercial lender.
• Timely and accurate spreading, underwriting and packaging of all SBA 504/7A loans.
• Assist in tracking credit package completion. Assist loan officers in gathering information by ordering credit reports through CBI and Experian along with UCC pre-searches.
• Responsible for assessing appraisals for conformity to accepted standards. Responsible for assessing environmental due diligence process for any issues and next steps.
• Assemble loan information and analysis into a Credit Request with evaluation of credit risk, assessment of appropriate terms and conditions and structure for loan approval. Insure that all regulatory requirements and credit union policies and procedures are followed at all times.
• Communicate to manager and lending personnel current work status, any complications, offering suggestions when needed.
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related discipline, related course work and financial analysis skills or a combination of related work experience and course work equivalent to 3 to 5 years of work experience and Bachelor's degree.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills to work successfully with the general public, as well as other employees. Proficient with Word Processing and Excel spreadsheet programs; credit and financial analysis programs and the integration of such technology.
• Demonstrated skills in handling moderately to complex work assignments in various lending functions. Ability to work in a team environment by accurately accomplishing work assignments under limited supervision.