About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description The Credit Analyst I is responsible for conducting in-depth industry and financial analysis of existing borrowers. This job works cooperatively to support the Commercial Workout and Risk Management functions of the Bank. Job Requirements • Responsible for basic financial analysis of less complex loans/industries/Customers.
• Work reviewed and monitored by lead staff.
• Basic understanding of loan risk factors.
• May research industry specific information from outside sources, which may include conversation with Borrowers, industry publications, area libraries, references from other banks, credit agencies, as well as accessing information through the Internet.
• May participate in Customer meetings and make direct inquiry for specific Customer information based on prior research, experience and knowledge (may require travel at times).
• Responsible for performing underwriting analysis of Borrower's character, credit worthiness and financial condition.
• Supports the lending function by providing analytical support.
• May prepare insightful and timely approval memorandums, Loan Approvals and Criticized Asset Reports for presentation to appropriate lending and credit authorities.
• May analyze financial statements, management profiles, business and product cycles, cash flow ability, collateral, agings, etc. of future and existing Customers to identify trends, measure performance, assess financial strength and develop an assessment of credit risk.
• May maintain credit files, monitor data such as updated financial statements and prepare updated analysis memos.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory requirements.
• May provide written analysis that identifies any deviations from the Company Commercial Loan Policy and becomes familiar with alternative structures in order to reduce credit risk.
• Achieves operational performance standards in quality and timeliness. Qualifications • 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 1-2 years related experience preferred
• Basic knowledge of credit and financial analysis techniques.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and research skills.
• Developed PC skills including proficiency and capability in word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of credit and Customer information.
• Good interpersonal skills and team orientation. Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Maine City (Primary) Portland
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.