Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Global Treasury is an investment management group that invests and manages State Street's bank-owned assets with a current portfolio size of approximately $110B. State Street has recently directed Global Treasury to create and grow a new portfolio of commercial real estate loans from zero to a target portfolio size of $4B. The expectation is that this portfolio would comprise between 100-200 loans with a size ranging from $10M to $100M in loan size, in different property types, and in selected metropolitan markets throughout the U.S.
The candidate will join a new lending team within State Street's Global Treasury division to create and grow a new portfolio of commercial real estate. They will be responsible for researching and participating in the underwriting and closing process for real estate loans secured by office, retail, multi-family, industrial, and hospitality properties. Responsibilities include:
- Research commercial real estate markets by geographic regions and property types.
- Support the portfolio manager during the underwriting and approval process.
- Perform credit and risk assessment of borrowers' financial and business background.
- Analyze underwriting criteria including property economics, market analysis.
- Prepare financial projections and underwriting memoranda.
- Monitors loans for problems.
- Prepare regular reports and performance updates for the loan portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a commercial real estate loan analyst at a bank, or at another financial institution, with specific experience in commercial real estate lending.
- Completion of a credit analyst training program from a major institution preferred.
- Experience with Excel and/or Argus valuation software.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to participate productively as part of a team.
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.