Under supervision of the Credit Supervisor the Credit and Collections Clerk II is responsible for soliciting payments for past due accounts. Additionally this role is responsible for performing a variety of accounting tasks.
- Proactively solicits payment on overdue account according to payment terms - Average 40 outgoing calls per day. (For Phone Interview: Expectation of 6 hrs of daily phone time; past due is defined by 1 day past due).
- Responsible for maintaining and documenting all records and interactions of delinquent accounts incomplete files and credit risks. These are handled in the JD Edwards and/or SAP system.
- Maintains contact with internal and external customers in order to address all credit and collection issues.
- Maintains a permanent record of each call made to the customer documenting specific details of the conversation as well as the amount and date of expected payments.
- Monitors customer payments.
- Initiates customer credit refunds when appropriate.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Normally requires one (1) to two years (2) collections experience preferably in Business to Business Accounting background required.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues quickly and escalate appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs; extensive knowledge of Excel