Credit & Collections Snr Manager Department: Credit & Collections LAD
- Job Description:
- Daily interaction with customers, sales and in-house teams to ensure prompt payment of amounts due
- Research and reconcile transactions on customer accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Handle exceptions relating to the cash collections process
- Prompt escalation of material issues preventing payments
- Generate regular and ad-hoc reports as required
- Participate in projects including service and quality initiatives and data migration projects on acquired entities when required
Responsible for managing the credit and collections activities approvals. Develops, implements, and maintains systems, procedures, and policies to enhance the credit and collections process. Recommends credit limits, handles special credit arrangements, and problem collection accounts. Coordinates with internal departments on credit and collections policies. Oversees analysis of accounts receivable, aging of accounts to determine overdue accounts, and collections procedures. Creates and/or analyzes monthly reports. Job Requirements
- Fluency in Spanish (Oral/Written)
- Portuguese is a plus
- University degree (BA/BS) in a relevant field, preferred business administration, industrial engineering or similar. MBA in business administration or similar is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in finance activities, Credit and collections is preferred.
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including very good telephone and negotiation skills
- Experience in working with customers and sales staffs
- Organized and detail oriented. Excellent computer skills (e.g. MS Word, Excel)
- Ability to work well with other organizations in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to prioritize a busy workload
- Familiar with month/quarter end close processes
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials desired.
Manages credit and collections activities to include the timely cash collection of customer accounts, assessing credit worthiness, minimizing bad debts and ensuring contract compliance and/or recommending legal action. Manages a professional staff.
Responsible for managing the activities of credit approval and credit collection. Develops, implements, and maintains systems, procedures, and policies to enhance the credit and collections process. Recommends credit limits, handles special credit arrangements, and problem collection accounts. Coordinates with internal departments on credit policies. Oversees analysis of accounts receivable, aging of accounts to determine overdue accounts, and collections procedures. Creates and/or analyzes monthly reports.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Financial analysis experience. Knowledge of Oracle Financials desired. BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or equivalent years of professional experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.