This position has a strong customer focus and provides overarching support for the customer relationship and CCR. The Credit Representative is responsible for an annual receivable of approximately $18 Million - $42 Million. This includes responsibility for all accounts receivable activities, while achieving and maintaining corporate targets for DSO, currency, seriously past due, and bad debt. Strong communication and negotiation skills are required to manage a large customer base, primarily consisting of customers within a specific geographical area. The Credit Representative I manages a customer base of 1500 – 3000 direct customers with an approximate average account balance less than $3,000.
- High level of organizational skills in managing the volume of customers. Primarily performing standard collection processes on assigned accounts (portfolio).
- When non-standard processes occur, the Credit Representative, performs customer analysis and coordinates the necessary resolution with cross functional peers.
- High degree of contact with our Regional Sales Organization. The scope of this interaction is generally to determine the customer’s ongoing credit status. Typically, this can result in credit being rescinded, the account placed on COD or Product Hold until the balance is resolved or placed with a third party collection agency.
- This position has a geographical focus and is responsible for end-to-end portfolio management for their assigned customers.
- Responsible for performing all collection activities for assigned customers in accordance with the company’s credit policy and practices. The Credit Representative ensures adherence to SOX, internal controls, and honors FDCPA.
- High School Degree/GED Required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred, or equivalent related experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in credit and collections.
- Consumer products industry, bottling industry a plus.
- Commercial collections experience preferred
- Strong written & verbal communication skills i.e. clear, concise, polite and unassuming
- Ability to analyze complex problems and identify solutions
- Strong ambassadorial and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Software applications such as MS Excel, Word, Power Point. Knowledge of Access a plus.
- Experience in online, open item accounts receivable system.
A credit check is required for this position in Finance.
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.