Credit Delivery Lead, Commercial Real Estate
The Commercial Division of Capital One is beginning its next big wave of innovation and transformation. Through several acquisitions, Commercial has transformed itself in less than a decade into the 8th largest Commercial bank in the country. Today we have successfully established ourselves as a regional and national competitor along traditional dimensions. Going forward we are looking to build on that foundation to transform the way Commercial banking is done.
A key pillar of our new strategy is building more scalable risk management capabilities. This requires combining a diverse set of skills to transform how credit solutions are delivered to the customer today. Process simplification and consistency will be the first step on this journey. From there we will leveraging new technology and data tools to automate elements of the process and focus our risk managers on the highest value added tasks. At destination we will need a refined understanding of the key drivers of risk within our portfolio so that we can optimize where associates spend their time and enable them to quickly evaluate internal and external data to take appropriate action during both benign risk conditions and during the next crisis.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a mix of process, strategy, technology and analysis experience. They won’t be afraid to dig into the details and nuance of a complex situation and push for change across the organization. This will require strong people skills to motivate associates through the change process. It will also require strong judgment to know when to push enhancements from above and when to build the pull from within to make lasting changes happen successfully.
• Lead a team of data, analyst and process resources to transform the Commercial Real Estate Underwriting and Asset Management (CRE UW & AM) organization
• Work directly with the Head of CRE UW & AM to identify a multi-step agenda for creating a national and scalable underwriting and asset management capability
• Manage, develop and expand skills of existing team to delivery on the agenda across a diverse set of projects
• Coordinate with underwriters, asset managers and their immediate management to lead and drive change
• Leverage and lead resources outside of the Underwriting organization to deliver integrated solutions to complex problems including Technology development teams, Operations functions, Legal/contract support, Audit functions and Credit Risk oversight
• Align directly and indirectly managed resources into Agile teams for focused development and deployment efforts and act effectively as a strong customer for such teams performing work on the behalf of CRE UW
• Review analysis work of associates to ensure accuracy and validity of conclusions
The ideal candidate will have:
• Ability to manage up, across, and down in a large organization and win support for change recommendations
• Ability to identify and lead new business initiatives from ideation through implementation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Genuine intellectual curiosity and passion for achieving business results
• Solid business judgment and quantitative analytical/statistical skills
• Comfort establishing relationships with individuals in a wide range of job families
• Must be able to establish and maintain high level of credibility with all levels of internal and external customers
• Demonstrated people management skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, or Engineering) or military experience
• At least 10 years of experience in Financial industry, Consulting or other business analysis roles
• 2+ years of experience in Commercial Banking, prior consulting or analytical experience is a plus
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.