McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Why Join the Capital One Commercial Card Underwriting Credit Delivery Team?
This is an opportunity to be part of a fast growing, client-centric, and strategically important business that is re-imagining underwriting. On the Commercial Card National Underwriting team, you’ll find energized, positive people that are working together to rapidly build our business into the industry leader in the B2B card payments space. As a member of the Underwriting Credit Delivery Team, you will help shape the future of our underwriting strategy, process, and performance.
- You will be responsible for developing and refining processes, organizational design and advocating for the technology enhancements required to deliver credit outcomes that manage risk with simplicity.
- A meritocracy where you will have the opportunity to shape the future of a rapidly expanding team focused on transforming B2B card payments underwriting.
- There is potential for advancement within the Commercial Card business as it expands.
The Credit Delivery Principal Associate is a consultant on the Credit Delivery team, a group that supports the Commercial Card Underwriting leadership to build an innovative, industry-leading underwriting platform through tackling process enhancement, organizational design, and performance data analysis initiatives. Credit Delivery Principal Associates independently structure and execute analyses to support key projects and contribute in problem solving sessions with other members of the team, internal partners, and executive decision makers.
- Consult with business partners, and Senior Manager or Director when needed, to understand underwriting model problems and focus on bringing issues to resolution, escalating as necessary to meet timelines. Includes clarifying and defining scope.
- Conduct supporting research and analysis to solve ambiguous underwriting model problems. Work with team to develop recommendations
- Manage tactical day-to-day management of initiatives including tools and systems for tracking project, reporting status/results, risks/mitigation plans, and overall documentation.
- Support timely completion of deliverables, including PowerPoint presentation materials for VP+ level consumption, and Excel data models.
- Conduct process mapping and development
- Implement continuous improvement leveraging frameworks and data insights to revise activities and flow
- Build strong relationships with team members, partners, and clients. Build credibility with mid-level leaders
- Develop expertise on underwriting processes and procedures through participation in change initiatives and a willingness to learn.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent delivery, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment.
- Excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- A Bachelor’s degree or comparable military experience
- At least 2 Years of project or process driven management experience
- Process certifications (e.g., Six Sigma, Lean)
- Management consulting experience in a process driven environment
- Experience in building a new business, department, or team
- Solutions oriented mindset
- Clear and effective communication across multiple levels of an organization
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.