The Private Banking Credit Officer II participates in the loan management process by providing private banking credit and loan underwriting expertise to a team of Private Bankers ("PBs") and Client Managers ("CMs"). This role is client facing and manages all aspects of credit relationships for clients and prospects. Provides credit product expertise in an advisory capacity across High Net Worth, Ultra High Net Worth, Professional Service Firm (including legal lending -- both to attorneys and law firms), and Non-Profit segments. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before credit approval is granted.Basic Qualifications Required
- *Bachelor's Degree
- *Minimum 5 years of commercial/consumer underwriting experience.
- *Minimum 5 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment.
Job Skills & Knowledge
- At the direction of the Lead Credit Officer, attends client meetings at Private Banker, Client Manager, PB Region Manager, or Credit Manager's request to facilitate delivery of credit product and/or assist in problem resolution. Contacts borrowers directly, for additional information and details related to loan request or clarification of financial materials and resources.
- Provides credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within profitability and portfolio risk standards. Authors credit approval memorandum.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confers with the Private Banker, Client Manager, PB Region Manager and appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
- May coordinate loan documentation including work with legal, CLC, or other outside counsel to obtain the correct, accurate documents to ensure all loan are documented to fully protect the Bank's interests in the credit relationship. Reviews collateral periodically to minimize credit exposure.
- Provides technical guidance to and reviews the work of less experienced Credit Officers and Credit Analysts. Guide and assist the Credit Officers and Credit Analysts in research, credit structuring, financial analysis, etc. for complex accounts.
- Responds to questions or inquiries from internal and external clients concerning credit policies, procedures, structuring, etc. before it is elevated, if necessary, to the Division Credit Manager.
- Prepares and attend client meetings with Private Banker, Client Manager or Region Manager at Division Credit Manager's request to facilitate delivery of the credit product and/or to assist in problem resolution.
- Provides balanced and appropriate credit guidance to Private Banker, Client Manager or Region Manager and collaborates in determining appropriate credit strategy.
- Provides guidance and input to the Private Banker and Client Manager when loan pricing does not appear to reflect inherent risk in subject transaction. Pricing may be either too high or too low.
- Manages credit pipeline for all new and increased loan requests.
- Manages the financial analysis and preparation of the Client Risk Recommendation ("CRR). This includes ensuring that the CRR contains a well-supported recommendation or decision; the risk rating is correct and supported; and the data and analytics used to support the decision are accurate and calculated correctly.
- Collaborates with team members by providing credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within profitability and portfolio risk standards. Authors credit approval memorandum.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products we provide, the services we deliver, the processes we employ, and the incentives with which we reward our colleagues.
- Ensures that all City National products, financial solutions and services are provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
- Highly knowledgeable in commercial credit policies and procedures.
- Strong credit analysis and accounting skills with the ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
*Represents the basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.Note:
The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.Note:
Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled