In Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI), we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The PVSI team includes Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Wells Fargo Virtual Channels, and Innovation including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Our Consumer Credit Solutions (CCS) Unsecured Credit Risk team manages the credit quality of the unsecured CCS portfolios, partnering with Consumer Financial Services and Retail Services from origination through account management and authorizations to collections.
Wells Fargo Credit Card Acquisitions Risk has an exciting and visible opportunity for a Credit Portfolio Consultant 3 to be part of a team responsible for Unsecured new accounts contributing to double the size of the flow of new credit card originations over the next few years. This key individual will be responsible for Unsecured card line strategy development.
This individual will:
• Manage risk, size opportunities, prioritize work, build business cases, adhere and test existing policy criteria
• Manage complex analysis to assure profitable growth while minimizing credit/operating losses and reputation/compliance risk exposure
• Partner closely with compliance and other Card business areas to develop risk criteria and propose strategies
• Partner with various credit, deposit and product groups and external vendors to develop effective ways to manage new account decisions, leveraging best practices and new data
• Maintain timelines and provide business case development and approval
• Manage the rollout of pilot programs and criteria changes that present risk
• Create and share monitoring reporting on various credit, vintage, product, offer, channel, mix, delinquency, loss rate and performance information informing approval strategy decisions
• Prepare and present work to senior managers to garner support and approval
• May direct or coach the work of lower level consultants
The desired individual will be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills in order to actively manage risk while leading and implementing ideas in a cross-functional team environment.
** Preferred locations are Concord, CA, West Des Moines, IA
Other Desired Qualifications
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.