Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street recognizes that we have responsibilities to multiple constituencies, including shareholders, clients, global regulators and employees. State Streets objective is to optimize return subject to an acceptable level of risk. In order to accomplish this, material risks undertaken should be identified, assessed, estimated, managed, controlled and reported. In managing risk, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) serves in a vital capacity by providing independent oversight, monitoring and control of business unit activities on a global basis. State Street has established an enterprise risk management framework that oversees various sources of risk: Credit, Interest Rate, Liquidity, Market, Operational (including Fiduciary) and Business (including strategic and reputational). Enterprise Risk Management discharges its responsibilities via a matrix organization aligned with major business units and geographic regions.
- Principal ERM activities include:
- A key role in enabling governance of risk at the Management and Board level, including the articulation and approval of risk appetite and risk policies.
- Facilitating risk identification for capital and incentive compensation analyses.
- Establishing guidelines, programs, and standards supporting risk management policies.
- Providing independent oversight of enterprise-wide adherence to risk management policies, standards and limits.
- Providing independent risk monitoring, reporting and escalation of risk management issues and concerns.
- The Credit Analysis function within the Counterparty Credit Approval group in ERM is responsible for supporting the principal ERM objectives by completing thorough credit analysis and due diligence of State Street counterparties to:
- Facilitate informed credit decisions.
- Support monitoring of material counterparty exposures and limits.
- Escalate identified risks as appropriate.
- Independently performs written credit assessments of State Street counterparties, with primary focus on financial institutions and sovereigns.
- Provides credit recommendations including trading limits and tenors and assigns risk ratings.
- Proactively monitors the creditworthiness of assigned counterparties and market developments and circulates timely credit updates to senior risk managers and business unit constituents.
- Participates in due diligence visits/calls.
- Provides analytical support to State Street treasury function as well as FX, Securities Lending, Network Management, and Custody.
- Participates in or leads special projects as assigned.
- May supervise and/or train junior analysts.
- Master's degree (MBA preferred) and/or CFA designation.
- 5-7 years of analytical experience with the last three years focused on banks and broker-dealers.
- Robust understanding of capital markets as well as trading activities including FX and securities lending.
- Advanced analytical abilities; sound critical thinking capabilities; strong verbal, written, and presentation skills; good time-management competency.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Financial modeling and/or VBA skills are highly desired.
- Semi-fluency in a foreign language (major European or Asian languages) and international experience/background are definite plus.
- Attention to detail.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.