Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Develop, recommend, and implement credit risk standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. Assess and approve credit limits and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex transactions. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct credit analyses using standard methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data.
- Examine empirical data showing consequences of variations made to standard credit policy such as credit variances or credit enhancements to see if variations had acceptable results.
- Create or assign credit scores to aggregated data from multiple loans based on the company's proprietary underwriting or loan origination software.
- Prepare reports or analyses for managers or for larger groups with findings and recommendations.
- May attend meetings with clients or users of the organization's software products to gather information pertinent to making credit assessments or ratings.
- May make recommendations on pricing of products or assigning of risk levels based on analysis of credit risk of loans, transactions, or proposed contract.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 1 years of related experience
- Economics, Business Management, Finance, or Statistics background (Graduate or Undergraduate)
- Technical aptitude (MS Office)
- Verbal and written communication -
• Excellent oral and written communication as well as experience preparing a deck and presenting information to different audiences
- Detailed oriented / organization skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, assignments with flawless execution
- Self-starter / hard worker / Ability to operate independently
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, attention to detail, and organization skills
- A strong sense of urgency about solving problems, meeting challenging deadlines, and achieving critical goals
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.