The Corporate Credit & Market Risk group is responsible for independently overseeing the management of credit risk exposures (including monitoring and reporting on aggregate credit exposures across groups, legal entities, geographies, and jurisdictions) and the quality of credit risk management practices across the company. This oversight extends to all phases of a loan’s life cycle, including origination, underwriting, risk analysis, approval, documentation, boarding, monitoring, loss recognition, modification, and collection activities. Corporate Credit & Market Risk is responsible for delegating and/or removing credit and investment approval authorities to the lines of business.
More specifically, Corporate Credit & Market Risk develops, maintains and ensures adherence to enterprise-wide credit risk frameworks, policies, and procedures that are aligned with Board-approved risk appetite.
The Credit Capital, Allowance, and Stress Testing (CCAST) team is a unit within Corporate Credit and Market Risk that focuses on analyzing data and its flow through end-to-end processes and the associated controls across Risk, Finance and Operations teams to ensure compliance with COSO Internal Control Framework and Basel Risk Reporting requirements (BCBS 239).
We are seeking a strong individual to join us in a Credit Risk Analytics role. This position requires a unique individual who possesses the following:
- An understanding of commercial and/or consumer lending transactions and credit risk attributes
- Business acumen, enabling positive interactions with various business, risk and finance groups across the Company
- Data query and analytical skills in order to analyze key credit risk attributes, data sources, risk migration and presentation within Risk and Regulatory Reporting
- Ability to develop and maintain project planning materials including executive summaries, key roles and responsibilities of project team members, timelines and key milestones
- Problem solving skills in order to respond to and overcome challenges presented within the context of a complex credit risk data environment
- Ability to partner closely with other team members across the organization, maintaining a commitment to excellence in a fast paced environment
- Ability to develop effective solutions with the best information available within a rapidly evolving program
- Strong documentation and understanding of systems, data, process and controls
This is a highly visible position that will partner closely with each of the CCAST senior managers to achieve the following:
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the various regulatory standards and audit guidelines with respect to end-to-end data quality and reporting processes
- Engage with Risk and Finance partners within the Governance & Oversight (G&O) program to understand and communicate key deliverables, expectations, milestones and due dates
- Analyze information systems and reporting processes that support Risk and Regulatory Reporting where CCAST has a role as a data owner, provider or report owner
- Support the implementation of new accounting standards for the Allowance for Credit Losses in partnership with project team members in the Risk, Finance and Controllership areas
- Synthesize analysis of data quality and process controls in the context of regulatory requirements
- Prepare and maintain documentation to evidence end-to-end data quality across business processes and data management systems within CCAST and across business-aligned Risk and Finance teams
- Prepare periodic progress updates for senior management, internal and external auditors and regulators
- Partner with technology groups to improve automation capabilities by leveraging available reporting tools
- Assist senior managers as necessary with process improvements to support compliance with the related guidelines and standards
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk areas, including credit risk, operational risk, market risk, reputation risk, and compliance risk. Corporate Risk strives to ensure that all Wells Fargo corporate functions and lines of business soundly manage risk, comply with applicable laws and regulations, and offer products and services that meet the needs of our customers. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking.
- 7+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Credit and risk analysis experience
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial credit: risk
- Experience in gathering, analyzing and interpreting large datasets
- Knowledge and understanding of relational databases: SQL
- Knowledge and understanding of SAS
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7 years of audit, finance and/or risk-related analytics experience within the financial services industry
- MBA, CFA, CIA and/or CPA certification
- Process mapping and data lineage documentation and related software (Visio, MS Project)
- Big 4 experience
- Knowledge of commercial and/or consumer lending portfolios
- Project Management experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.