About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Department Overview The CSB Credit Specialist II is responsible for ensuring quality and compliance within an assigned portfolio, supporting new business development while applying credit risk policy and adhering to TDBG risk appetite. The CSB Credit Specialist II performs the credit underwriting and credit administration functions. The CSB Credit Specialist II works to achieve credit management objectives within the team. The job works closely with the Relationship Manager and Credit Officer to ensure consistency with the TD Bank Group's Risk Appetite Principles, including establishing the Borrower Risk Ratings
and Facility Risk Ratings for new and existing credit relationships. Job Description • Performs in depth credit analysis for which a majority of accounts consist of; highly diverse portfolios at the highest complexity;
large pieces of a much bigger client portfolio that may include other institutions and input; risk factors that create large
variables to create decisions on portfolios.
• Performs in depth credit analysis in partnership with Relationship Manager on potential and existing customers to determine
alignment with TD Bank products/structure TD Credit Risk Appetite and credit policies/underwriting guidelines.
• Partners with the Relationship Manager on potential structure proposals that are in alignment with TD Bank
products/structure, TD Credit Risk Appetite and credit policies/underwriting guidelines.
• Attends site visits and prospect/customer calls as needed or as requested.
• With support from the Credit Analyst, prepares credit applications for new and existing borrowers; Applications shall include
new transactions, extensions, modifications, renewals and Annual Reviews.
• Ensures applications provide a high quality of risk assessment, credit structure, due diligence, and credit presentation and
adheres to AIRB methodology and addresses TD Bank's profitability objectives.
• Manages the timely approval, documentation preparation and negotiation, and closing of new and existing transactions.
• Be knowledgeable of and operate within the applicable regulatory and compliance guidelines/policies & procedures (including
but not limited to: AML, Privacy, Firewalls, Systems & Information Security, FCAC, etc.) and ensures that all staff complete required compliance attestations/training within required timelines.
• Ensures the managed portfolio is comprehensively monitored and controlled, adhering to and administered within approved
guidelines and in line with established operating policies and procedures.
• Interprets and applies TD's risk management strategy (both credit and operational).
• Understands changing market conditions and remain knowledgeable of relevant industry issues.
• Manages aspects of the customer relationship including, but not limited to, reviewing reports and delinquencies, sign off of
covenant compliance forms and determining strategy if failures occur, completing monthly monitoring; overseeing Credit
Analysts that will provide support in these responsibilities. Job Requirements • 4 year Undergraduate degree; advanced degree in financial discipline preferred, other advanced degree considered
• 7-10 years' experience in related field.
• Excellent credit underwriting and administration skills; considered subject matter expert in complex credit understanding.
• Superior ability to identify and mitigate risk.
• Ability to provide value-add structuring alternatives for highly complex credits.
• Strong written and excellent verbal communication skills with solid business acumen.
• Solid interpersonal skills.
• Customer focused.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to problem solve in more complex situations.
• Technologically proficient. Qualifications ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Be responsible for credit analysis as it pertains to companies in the diversified energy space including traditional utilities, energy projects, pipeline operators, wholesale petroleum suppliers, etc.
• generate detailed cash flow and debt capacity models that help establish suitable capital structures, financial covenants, and sensitivity to key variables
• research and analyze clients' financial situations, industry and market data
• make recommendations related to internal borrower risk ratings and maximum exposure levels
• participate in formal presentations to syndicate lenders
• perform valuation analysis to assess collateral coverage
• review deal structures and legal documentation
• interact with clients and credit adjudicators Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York City (Primary) New York
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.