Supervise the credit team's application of the company's credit and collection policies in a manner resulting in maximum sales, sound receivables and their prompt conversion into cash. Provide guidance, coaching, Motivation, and development opportunities to team members.
- Create a team which embraces open communication, co-operation, and a win-win attitude.
- Monitor Credit Representative calls; responsible for ensuring team meets SLA's.
- Conduct monthly call audits.
- Acts as point of contact for escalated customer calls.
- Recommend changes to credit policies and update procedures that embrace corporate strategies and protect the company from unnecessary risk.
- Establish goals, objectives and timelines for the credit team.
- Exercise prudent control and judgment to improve sales potential while protecting the trade receivable investment.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain relationships with customers, credit sources, trade journals and the trade.
- Visit customers when appropriate to induce timely payments, strengthen relationships, resolve disputes and correct undesirable conditions.
- Protect CCR from potential preference claims by ensuring that consistent and equitable treatment is enforced regarding customer's payment habits.
- Continually analyze the credit worthiness of our customers. Obtain financial statements and perform appropriate level of analyses for customers whose outstanding balance averages 100K or more at least once per year.
- Report exceptions to management
- Establish and maintain credit limits for all customers that are consistent with their ability to repay and their realistic credit requirements. Monitor accounts on an on-going basis to ensure that balances stay within the approved limits or that the appropriate action is taken.
- Build favorable customer-sales-credit relationships.
- Ensures timely and effective communication with all subordinates, managers, and peers through regular team and department meetings.
- Utilize existing head count effectively to maximize efficiencies and reduce non-productive cycles due to short or long term team absences.
- Review and ensure that all collection activity is recorded accurately and appropriately and in an easily accessible location, with sufficient clarity, while ensuring confidentiality of the collection history.
- Determine staffing requirements for the credit team, and recommend appropriate changes based on business conditions.
- Develop and obtain approval for a formal performance improvement plan including DSO, Currency, serious past due and Combined Currency results. Measures results against plan and formulates similar plans for direct reports.
- Evaluate all obligations greater than 120 days old to ensure an appropriate action plan exists. Resolves all obligations within 180 days. Reports all exceptions writing to management.
- Monitor and publish the standards of performance for all credit positions.
- Review the action plans of each Credit Representative to ensure that all customers are receiving an appropriate amount of attention on a consistent basis.
- Notify the Credit Manager when tasks and available resources are in conflict.
- Ensure compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and the Robinson-Patman Act, U.S.C., Section 13: (Sherman Antitrust Act).
- Report to management the condition of the receivable portfolio on a regular basis.
- Act as e-business coordinator and ambassador.
- Establish and maintain training and education programs.
- Review economic and market conditions that would have an impact on our customer's ability to pay.
Hours for position are Monday- Friday from 11:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m.
- High School/GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance required or equivalent experience preferred.
- Consumer products industry background. Bottling industry preferred
- 2 years’ experience managing, supervising or leading credit team or equivalent experience
- Advanced Microsoft and credit management software application skills - Excel/Pivot tables/Word/PowerPoint/Access
- Fundamental and working knowledge of accounting, credit and collections, banking and finance, commercial law, marketing and human resources.
*A credit check is required for this position in Finance.
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.