Credit Support Specialist
The Credit Support Specialist is responsible for performing various departmental functions including reporting, loan covenant tracking, statement tracking, risk rating, credit reviews, and credit file maintenance, also assists with the processing of credit approval documents and assists Relationship Managers (RMs) and/or Portfolio Managers (PMs) and the Commercial Underwriting Center with preparation of financial statement spreading, loan requests, monitoring loan covenants, and other credit analysis as requested.
Position Competencies Successful incumbents possess basic financial accounting knowledge, time management skills, strong communication skills, are accountable, strong teamwork skills, strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
Reporting Information The Credit Support Specialist reports to the Commercial Credit Support Center Manager.
1. Financial Statement Spreading & Tracking
* Accurately spreads financial statements and identifies inconsistencies and inaccuracies. * Maintains statement tracking system and prepare reports to ensure timely receipt of customer financial information. * Monitors financial covenant tracking system to ensure compliance.
2. RECAP Preparation
* At the request of the underwriting center, may assist with the preparation of the RECAP (Record Evidencing Credit Approval Package) shell and basic attachments. * Orders required personal credit reports, background checks, OFAC (Office of Foreign Asset Control) checks and other due diligence reports as required.
* May assist in the preparation of Credit Quality Review (CQR) packages. * Prepares various reports. Reports include but are not limited to: Delinquent Statement Report, Past Due Loans, Covenant Exception Report and/or Input risk rating changes/updates accurately and timely.
4. Other Duties
* Uses SharePoint workload tool to capture work completed. * Strives to meet or exceed SLAs (Service Level Agreements), or when not possible, communicates to Commercial Credit Support Center Manager. * Other duties as required by the Commercial Credit Support Center Manager.
Relocation Relocation assistance is not provided for this position. Travel Travel is not required for this position.
Work Schedule This positions work schedule may require overtime.
* H.S. diploma or GED * 2 college level accounting classes (6 units, 2.0 GPA in each) * 1 year Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Note: Transcripts are required prior to interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled