Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list. Our team services a portion of W.W. Grainger working primarily with Zoro Tools. In the past five years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 225+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 1,300,000 unique products.
- Provide effective management relating to the order approval and collection functions. Responsibility of assigning and approving orders or credit limits to a level of $20K.
- Provide thorough credit investigation with the ultimate goal to approve/assign credit limits to a level of $20K.
- Suggested credit actions for limits > $20K.
- Investigate bank, trade, D&B information, and various other credit reports to determine credit limits.
- Approve/deny daily customer orders using credit analysis skills.
- Identify credit risks and find possible solutions.
- Insure loss from credit decisions are within company established guidelines.
- Provide credit review turnaround with in company specified time limits.
- Handle incoming phone calls.
- Maintain thorough accurate customer information files, i.e. notes, proofs of delivery, invoice copies.
- Timely scheduled review of selected existing credit files to monitor and update risk and financial information and identify opportunities for growth.
- Timely communication of credit risks/opportunities to internal partners and management.
- Provide timely monitoring of at risk/large volume accounts.
- Conduct phone interviews with business owners, officers and managers to assess credit worthiness and risk.
- Perform fraud analysis on credit card and open account sales orders. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college and/or specialized training preferred; 2-4 years experience
- Good attendance and work ethics
- MS Office experience (Netsuite experience is a plus)
- Demonstrated leadership, effective interpersonal, negotiation, presentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to plan and deliver results
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to exercise sound judgment
- Self-starter with strong initiative willing to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex situations with professionalism and decorum
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of internal and external business partners and management levels
- Work independently without direct supervision
- Internet Business/Credit websites
- Use of Netsuite to communicate with partners inside and outside of the credit area.
- Use of Microsoft Office products
- Use of fax machine and email to communicate with customers and internal partners
- Daily customer contact, both existing and potential, initially to collect past due balances, additionally to resolve problems, and negotiate improved average pay cycles.
- Bank and Vendor References: Contacts of references provided by customers to establish open line of credit.
- Professional Organizations: Pursue educational assistance to enhance credit knowledge. .
- Customer Existing and Potential: Review accounts to determine/solve problems; develop a rapport to ensure partnerships and timely pay cycles.
- Proactive collection procedures, maintain the integrity of their respective accounts, contributing to an acceptable DSO level
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.