Wetzel Brothers, an RR Donnelley Company, is an industry leading provider of point of purchase displays and in-store marketing solutions. We are a creative organization that specializes in innovative end-to-end solutions for our customers, large format offset and digital printing, in-house fulfillment and distribution. Our unique offerings provide continuous growth opportunities for the future. Come join our team and contribute to the next break-through in-store marketing campaign.
Wetzel Brothers is seeking a Bindery Supervisor who will be in charge of monitoring and directing employees and Line Leads on their designated job line. They will be responsible for communicating with Bindery Manager on job details, as well as organizing, documenting and monitoring the job through the bindery line.
- Directs Bindery activities to meet customer requirements of quality, quantity and delivery timeline.
- Responsible for meeting efficiency utilization targets as budgeted, as well as, maintaining established production standards and quality controls.
- Approves samples before work is started.
- Spot-checks during production run and instructs if technical problems occur.
- Requisitions supplies for department and assists in maintaining inventory records.
- Inspects binding operations to determine that they are done properly and quality standards are being followed.
- Trains personnel and changes procedures to minimize any down time when necessary.
- Responsible for the maintenance of Bindery / Finishing equipment and the operation of a safe, clean department.
- Works with the other Supervisors and the Fulfillment Supervisor Scheduling to establish machine priorities, and when necessary, works with Customer Service department on special request to satisfy customers’ demands.
- Conduct time studies with every job and track productivity, with the end-goal of beating estimated time allotted for a job. If the project is going off course, adjustments should be made.
- Investigates non-chargeable time, institutes change.
- Develops new or improved methods for increased production.
- Ability to read, interpret and process written instructions.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and ability to solve problems.
- Team and goal oriented.
- Manufacturing background with leadership skills preferred.
- Understanding of Bindery Operations in a Commercial Print Environment.
- History of performing well under pressure and capable of multi-tasking.
Ability to work overtime including weekends. Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 of pounds of force constantly to move objects. Ability to occasionally lift/carry 20 to 50 pounds, frequently lift/carry 10-20 pounds with frequent reaching and standing.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.