Our elite education team at HCA is looking for dedicated, compassionate educators who are registered nurses to add to their skilled team of facility educators. The right person will want to become an integral part of this dynamic organization built upon the foundation of exemplifying compassion and commitment one person at a time. We're hiring top talent today. Apply now!
Our RN Critical Care Educator
is responsible for staff development and competency assessment of employees caring for high acuity / critically ill patients. In addition, they facilitate evidence based, safe, efficient and effective patient care through initial and ongoing validation of staff competency. Also, acts as a highly visible and engaged clinical resource by performing daily rounds in assigned clinical locations. Position Summary:
HCA is committed to the best experience for our patients and employees alike. This position will offer:
- Facilitates new employee orientation by establishing goals, coaching preceptors, communicating with department directors, and participating in competency assessment.
- Supports the staff development from novice to expert in Critical Care patient care areas, including but not limited to ICU, CCU, CVICU, PCU, ICU Step Down, Emergency Department, PACU and other departments as defined by the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Executes West Florida Division standard education, training and competency assessment activities.
- Demonstrates desired patient experience behaviors, patient safety practices and evidence based patient care standards of practice in daily work.
- Creates individual staff professional development and remediation plans.
- Provides opportunities for education, training and staff development in the patient care area.
- Competitive Pay/Benefits
- Flexible work schedule (Monday - Friday shift with only occasional weekend)
- No holidays
- Allows a candidate to work both independently and as part of a team
- Extensive professional development opportunities, and much more!
This position will be located out of Brandon Regional Hospital located in beautiful, Brandon, FL. Brandon Regional Hospital
has been named a Top 100 Hospital in America five times, and our Intensive Care Unit has been named a Top 100 ICU. We are committed to providing our patients and their families with compassionate care. For more than 30 years our busy, 438-bed acute care facility has been dedicated to quality and devoted to our community.Qualifications: Licensure/Certification:
- Current Florida RN License.
- Nursing certification (CCRN, PCCN or similar)
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- BLS and ACLS provider
- 5 years of recent acute care / critical care nursing experience
- Effective written, oral and electronic communication skills
- Manages multiple priorities effectively