Responsible for staff development and competency assessment of employees caring for high acuity / critically ill patients. Facilitates evidence based, safe, efficient and effective patient care through initial and ongoing validation of staff competency. Acts as a highly visible and engaged clinical resource by performing daily rounds in assigned clinical locations. Performance Expectations:
Qualifications: Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Facilitates new employee orientation by establishing goals, coaching preceptors, communicating with department directors, and participating in competency assessment.
- Supports the staff development from novice to expert in Critical Care patient care areas, including but not limited to ICU, CCU, CVICU, PCU, ICU Step Down, Emergency Department, PACU and other departments as defined by the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Executes West Florida Division standard education, training and competency assessment activities.
- Demonstrates desired patient experience behaviors, patient safety practices and evidence based patient care standards of practice in daily work.
- Creates individual staff professional development and remediation plans.
- Provides opportunities for education, training and staff development in the patient care area.
- Interacts with staff through a flexible work schedule that provides training opportunities for all shifts and employees including nights and weekends.
- Current Florida RN License.
- Nursing certification (CCRN, PCCN or similar)
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
Degree of Supervision:
- BLS and ACLS provider
- 5 years of recent acute care / critical care nursing experience
- Effective written, oral and electronic communicator
- Manages multiple priorities effectively
Work Environment / Conditions:
- Must be able to work independently and in a collaborative setting
- Sitting: 20% Standing 40% Walking 40%
- Available to work a flexible schedule
- Manages stress appropriately
- Handles multiple priorities
- Makes decisions under pressure
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom