SOUTHERN HILLS HOSPITAL
Utilizing advanced digital technology and an accomplished medical staff, Southern Hills Hospital
provides the communities of southwest Las Vegas with emergency and pediatric emergency services, behavioral health inpatient and outpatient programs for ages 55 and older, an accredited Chest Pain Center, a Certified Primary Stroke Center, OB-GYN and diagnostic imaging and surgical services. Southern Hills Hospital's advanced care and superior service make for better outcomes and an exceptional patient experience. JOB SUMMARY:
The Registered Nurse Critical Care
is a registered professional nurse who participates as an active member of the Nursing Team on the assigned unit/department. The registered nurse assumes responsibility for coordinating safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective nursing care for patients on the assigned unit/department. Principle responsibilities include participating in strategic planning, service delivery, program development, evaluation and implementation, budget and resource management, cost control, contract compliance and quality improvement. In addition, the registered nurse supports patient safety initiatives and quality improvement activities. Typical Duties
(including but not limited to :)
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
- The registered nurse may also work as a registered professional nurse in the capacity of Charge RN in addition to being a clinical nurse providing care for patients for an assigned time.
- The registered nurse maintains current competency with nursing skills required for the assigned unit/department, and demonstrates knowledge regarding Standards of Care and Standards of Practice in the assigned area.
- The registered nurse demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth & development over life span, and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of patient status, and to interpret the data appropriately to identify patient requirements specific to the patient's age.
- The registered nurse remains calm in crisis and emergency situations, and directs staff members as appropriate.
- The registered nurse maintains professional and effective working relationships with all members of the Health Care Team.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
Bachelor's degree strongly preferred EXPERIENCE:
Appropriate to patient population and level of care; minimum of two (2) years of Emergency Nursing in an acute care facility. CERTIFICATE/LICENSE:
Basic Arrhythmia Recognition (BAR)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom