Fairview Park Hospital is an employee-centered, physician-friendly, community-focused hospital. We are a state-of-the-art, 190-bed acute care facility providing community healthcare services including a 24-hr Emergency Room, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, and rehabilitation therapy services. Our culture is based upon our values of I-CARE: Integrity, Competence, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. In our small-town community, we are literally, "Neighbors Caring for Neighbors".
Accepts the responsibility and accountability for a designated group of patients. Administers direct
and indirect patient care based on scientific principles and guided by the established policies and
procedures of Fairview Park Hospital. Proficient in specialty areas as appropriate. Population served:
Infant, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric.
Functional Position Summary
Accepts the responsibility and accountability for patients in critical care condition such as: patients in cardio-
pulmonary arrest, adhering to BLS and ACLS guidelines; patients with cardiac dysrthythmias and demonstrating
knowledge of appropriate treatments; patients requiring invasive equipment such as mechanical ventilation and
hemodynamic monitoring; hemodynamically unstable patients requiring vasoactive drugs.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, current license in GA.
Special Qualifications: Current CPR. Successful completion of medication exam according to policy
guidelines. Verbal ability to present information and ideas related to nursing theory and practice. Willing to
accept responsibility and accountability to prescribe, delegate and coordinate nursing care. Area qualifica-
tions may include: ACLS certification, certification in specialty area, word processing, & computer knowledge.
Employees Supervised: LPN, PCA, Unit Clerk, Nurse Tech
1. Assess & reassess patient condition. Initiate plan of care. Begin discharge planning on admission. Recognize & report
change in condition, evaluate care, update/revise plan of care. Provides patient care.
2. Maintain & apply current nursing standards and clinical competency including the National Patient Safety Goals. Apply
critical thinking skills in conjunction with facility policies & procedures to prioritize and problem solve.
3. Meet the personal and practical needs of patients and families as described in "Patients First Service". Use appropriate &
effective communication skills.
4. Accepts accountability for completion of assignments, demonstrates reliability & dependability (including compliance with
the attendance policy), and utilizes time and material cost-effectively.
5. Continue self-development, provide leadership & actively participate in Performance Improvement Activities. Directs
others as needed.
6. Reflects HCA values and its ethical and compliance principles in his/her daily activities (Code of Conduct).
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom