Overview: With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities: This position is located in Northern California. Position Summary:
Promote sales of Critical Care products (pain control, anesthesia sets, vascular access, HES, Pentaspan, venacava filters, cv accessories, introducers, angioplasty catheters, radiology kits) by interacting with established customers and developing new prospects. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Prospect and qualify territory for new leads through sales calls in person and over the telephone.
- Call on clinical decision makers to position products for presentation or evaluation.
- Prepare financial analysis, proposals and competitive analysis for customers as well as presenting the information to committee members within a hospital.
- Conduct committee presentations and product displays for customers within the hospital once they have chosen to evaluate B.Braun's products.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive activity with regard to pricing and sales techniques employed. Train and support Infusion Therapy Specialists as needed on pain control/anesthesia techniques, product knowledge and competitive sales activities.
- Maintain satisfaction of existing customers.
- Achieve 100% of pain critical care sales plan.
- Basic computer aptitude.
- Extensive knowledge of B.Braun's critical care products and services.
- Strong understanding of hospital structure and role of personnel. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong math aptitude.
- Ability to initiate projects and tasks with little or no direction.
- Ability to make decisions independently, sometimes without many facts available, to solve a customer problem or concern.
- Ability to work well independent of supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work well with diverse personalities and backgrounds of people.
- Ability to handle high-pressure sales situations with confidence.
- Ability to travel extensively and work odd hours and shifts.
- Professional image.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in the sales of pain control/anesthesia/interventional products at a competitive company or within B.Braun as a Managed Care Specialist, Territory Manager, Infusion Therapy Specialist, Pain Control Specialist or Interventional Representative.
- Proven track record of success at B.Braun or at a competitive company.
- Business travel (domestic).
- Valid driver's license and current automobile registration and insurance.
- Related training in selling and negotiating.
- Completion of B.Braun's graduate training curriculum.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.