Research Medical Center - Kansas City, MO Critical Care Technician (Paramedic) - ICU - FT Nights
Founded more than 125 years ago by German physicians, Research Medical Center
is a 490-bed facility and has become one of the crown jewels in the HCA Midwest Health System. Located in the heart of Kansas City, Research Medical Center is among the only tertiary care centers serving Kansas City proper. Over the past century, this institution has built a tradition of serving residents in Kansas City and a 150-mile surrounding region with exceptional patient care and leading technology. Research Medical Center has completed more than $120 million in capital improvements, including new lobby and admitting areas, renovated and expanded Cancer Center and Women's Care Unit, construction of all private patient rooms and doubling the Emergency Department. Research Medical Center
is currently looking for a Critical Care Technician - ICU - FT Nights
Under general direction of the Director, Clinical Manager and close direction of a registered nurse, the critical care technician will collect and convey information to the registered nurse regarding the health status of patient. The critical care tech will perform all duties identified in their job description and will be validated by competency assessment. They will serve as a member of the healthcare team through active communication; documentation; feedback and assistance as needed or requested. The critical care technician will provide for patient safety, will attend meetings and in-services as required by departmental policy; and maintain competence with the charting system.
Specific duties for the critical care technician will include performing the following:
- Prioritizes and delivers routine patient care as delegated by the RN or other members of the interdisciplinary team. This may include (but is not limited to) collecting patient data; vital signs, intake/output, specimen collection, obtaining routine IV access, cardiac monitoring, transporting patients outside the department.
- Assist with emergency resuscitation, set-up and assistance with bedside procedures/line insertions, and retrieval of supplies and equipment.
- Recognizes and completes unit and patient care needs with minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork, prioritization, communication, and organization.
- Performs non-nursing duties as delegated, i.e.: cleaning, stocking, answering phones, clerical support, providing directions, etc
- Education: Graduation from an accredited paramedic program with a current Missouri Paramedic License.
- BLS & ACLS certifications required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom