PORTSMOUTH REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Critical Care Technician (CCT)
Intensive Care Unit 65001
The CCT provides direct, selected patient care and performs non clinical duties under the direction of the Licensed Nurse within their scope of practice as defined by the NH Board of Nursing, recognized nursing techniques, clinical and administrative policies.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Collects and reports data as directed by the licensed nurse.
2. Provides ADL needs of the patient :
o Care and comfort measures
o Mobility and ambulation.
o Nutritional needs and feeding.
3. Transports patients to various departments/services throughout the hospital.
4. Provides patient monitoring as directed to ensure patient safety.
5. Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
6. Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
7. Order entry.
8. Working knowledge of medical terminology.
9. Dysthrythmia interpretation.
10. Obtains/maintains supplies and equipment.
11. Performs general clerical duties including use of computer systems.
12. Performs non sterile dressing changes.
13. Changes bed linens.
14. Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
15. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
16. Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
17. Orients and mentors new staff members.
18. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
ABOUT PORTSMOUTH REGIONAL HOSPITAL:
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA-the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the Seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and also is one of the area's
largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
EXPERIENCE: (Minimum relevant work experience for successful job performance)
Less than 1 year
High school or GED
NH Licensed Nursing Assistant
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom