As a member of the Critical Incident Management team, you will use your broad background of infrastructure and application monitoring experiences to identify consumer experience issues and backend system challenges across multiple service providers and networks. The team performs day-to day operational activities in a dynamic global 24x7 environment. You will also provide support during product launches and releases, prepare reports for management, identify risks/solutions, and make recommendations for improvement. Important to the role is the ability to identify, evaluate, and execute preventive measures to minimize/avoid impact to the consumer experience. You will interpret events and engage appropriate colleagues, vendors, and leadership teams as part of the organization's Critical Incident Management Standard Operating Procedures. As we evolve, you will have the opportunity to learn new software applications for monitoring network applications and performance capabilities.
Required Skills and Experience;
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
- Critical Incident and Crisis Management experience
- Experience in infrastructure and application monitoring
- Experience working in fast paced environments in a highly matrixed 24x7 global support model; awareness of international business, cultural norms, and values is a plus
- WAN Fundamentals in a large global environment
- Background as part of a team that delivers and supports application & infrastructure technologies to leading e-commerce solutions
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated competency with mobile/web technologies
- Capable of understanding a variety of infrastructure problems, including those that may not have standard resolution methods. Able to convey expertise during real time event mitigation meetings and conference calls.
- Familiarity with most of the following: ServiceNow, Splunk, New Relic, Science Logic, Cisco, Juniper, Cloud computing, VMs, Windows, Linux and AWS
- ITIL certification a plus
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.