Twenty years from now, the earth's population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind's greatest challenges.
Monsanto is currently seeking a highly motivated Crop Physiology Research Associate
with the ability to work as a member of the Crop Physiology Team within the Trait Testing Program in Monmouth, IL. The successful candidate will contribute to the planning, coordination and execution of physiology experiments sponsored by both early and advanced phase projects. This is a field oriented position with responsibilities that include execution of high quality field trials, accurate data collection, sample collection, training and supervision of temporary employees, and adherence to safety and compliance standards. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the successful development of next generation traits that will significantly improve agricultural productivity.Responsibilities:
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
- Manage a broad range of operations including seeding, staging plant development, data collection, and harvest operations
- Supervision and training of temporary employees
- Coordination and communication with Project Teams and other research sites to ensure efficient and high quality execution of crop physiology experiments
- Contribute as a key member of project teams to rationalize and plan experiments
- Work closely with Data Team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of data
- Contribute to quality control of data
- Utilization of specialized research equipment related to Crop Physiology experimentation
- Ensure that activities comply with Safety and Compliance standards
Desired Education and Skills/Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Crop Physiology, Agronomy, Plant Science, Biology or related fields
- Field based research experience
- Ability to work extended hours during the peak periods such as planting, flowering and harvest seasons
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral
- High level of agility in balancing and prioritize activities and resources
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of database systems
- Limited overnight travel during peak periods
Who is Monsanto?
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Crop Physiology, Agronomy, Plant Science, Biology or related fields
- 3+ years of field based research experience
- Familiarity with row-crop production practices and farm equipment operation
- Research experience with crop physiology or breeding experimentation
- Strong computer skills related to data acquisition, organization, and data analysis
- Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Experience with regulatory compliance
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you? Why work with us?
- Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
- We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
- Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.