Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales &Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
This role will fill a crucial position in the Firm's Regulatory Reporting Change the Bank (CTB) team in New York. The team is responsible for the management of the full lifecycle, from inception to delivery, of regulatory reporting projects.
The successful candidate will need to be able to:
- Provide Project management and Business Analysis leadership including:
- Train analysts to elicit, document and communicate business requirements
- Work with IT and Operations to prioritize requirements
- Stakeholder Management
- Design and documentation of new business processes
- Demonstrate Project Management skills through the following:
- Work with the IT Project lead to ensure delivery throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Track and communicate project status to wider team and management
- Collaborate with the Project team on test plan development, design test strategy and manage the UAT process
- Develop an effective network of stakeholders to facilitate easy integration of changes quickly with new areas of the Firm
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong understanding of regulations governing Listed Derivatives and Over The Counter (OTC) Derivative products
- Ability to interact and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Understanding of the trade life-cycle and the various downstream user requirements of reference, trade and financial data
- Demonstrable experience of project management and change management principles
- Strong understanding of OTC and ETD product flows
- Self-motivated with a sense of ownership and accountability for tasks
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Detail oriented and ability to adhere to strict timelines
- Proficient in Excel and Visio
- Experience in Regulatory Change, with a focus on position and client data reporting
- Collaborating and interacting with a team locally and globally
- Knowledge of Program Management processes and directives
- Experience in the finance industry in a change environment
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.