Directs and coordinates operations for efficient warehouse storage which includes; loading, packaging, and shipping orders for stores and customers as well as monitoring and resolving inventory discrepancies and handling damaged or defective merchandise for return to vendors.
Responsible for leading the distribution personnel as a team to ensure all safety, quality, packaging, receipt and shipment standards, and operational goals are attained.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Ensures safety, productivity and quality in all distribution operations.
• Designs, develops and manages the distribution department budget.
• Refurbishes and enhances site infrastructure and equipment to support site efforts in growth and meeting objectives.
• Continues efforts to build maintenance performance metrics and train all staff in those measures to optimize performance and return on investment.
• Ensures associates have the tools and training necessary to do the job.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
• Ensure that work is performed consistently with Crown Bolt's policies and procedures.
• Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level professional associates.
Environmental Job Requirements
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Travel Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!