AIRGAS USA, LLC an Air Liquide company, is a distributor of Industrial, Medical, Specialty and Welding gases along with Safety and Welding related products. We currently have an IMMEDIATE opening for a highly self-motivated person with a proven track record in sales, to join our Springfield, MO TEAM as an Cryogenic Service Technician.
To install and maintain cryogenic pressure vessels in industrial, medical, specialty gas and welding markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
• Deliver, install and maintain all cryogenic pressure vessels in the customer base.
• Perform preventative maintenance checks on a regularly scheduled basis of all cryogenic pressure vessels.
• Maintain inventory of parts and supplies needed to perform duties.
• Handle hazardous materials daily in a safe and approved manner.
• Install piping and final line regulator systems for medical and industrial applications.
• Set alarms for automatic emergency reserve systems of gases at hospitals.
• Install manifolds for use with high-pressure gas cylinders.
• Install and maintain cryogenic pumps and drives at all branch locations.
• Perform sight surveys at prospective customer locations to determine what needs to be done to perform the installations.
• Install and maintain cryogenic pumping systems on delivery trucks.
• Maintain a clean and safe workplace and attend safety meetings.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to use hand tools, both electrical and manual, in a safe manner.
• Must be able to operate a forklift.
• Must have the ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer's needs and management's expectations.
• Must be willing to be away from home for up to 5 days at a time (Monday - Friday) for installations and certification schools.
• Must be able to be on call 24 hours a day.
• Must be able to work in tight, confined dark spaces to run piping for customer use lines and fill lines.
• Must be detail oriented to complete paperwork each day.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds and communicate with them in a professional manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Must have at least three to five years' work related experience and/or training
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Must have Medical Certificate and Brazing License.
• Must maintain a current Driver License
• Must have the ability to become Forklift Certified.
Airgas offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental and vision plans. Benefits take effect after only 30 days. In addition, Airgas also offers its employees a 401k Plan with company matching funds, Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Program. Airgas provides paid time off benefits for employees, including vacation, sick, holidays and floating holidays. Company paid uniforms are provided, as well as a safety boot and safety glasses allowance.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.