Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Cryogenic Technician Supervisor in Central Michigan! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Cryogenic Technician Supervisor (Field Service) is responsible for overseeing the installation, service, and maintenance of the cryogenic equipment for the production, conversion, and sale of gases manufactured and processed by the region. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages preventative maintenance program for bulk and onsite generation equipment located at production facilities and bulk cryogenic installations at customer sites to ensure systems are properly maintained. Equipment to include: cryogenic tanks, vaporizers, regulators, pumps, gas compressors, air compressors, dryers, filtration systems, vacuum pumps, high pressure helium and hydrogen and other electro-mechanical devices.
- Performs site survey assessments with company sales representatives to potential customer sites to analyze, explain project obstacles, and recommend solutions. Review and approve site surveys conducted by technicians.
- Supervises bulk and onsite generation installations. Ensure installations are installed according to established standard operating procedures and in compliance with applicable building codes, NFPA standards, and government regulations.
- Manages Cryogenic Technicians - Activities, training, work assignments, approvals, and overtime.
- Provides initial and ongoing training to assure competence of Cryogenic Technicians.
- Maintains an effective safety program.
- Provides technical support to internal sales personnel and customers.
- Fills in as a technician on installs/removals/service work as needed.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Technical or related field of study required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
- Minimum of five (5) years of industrial operations or service experience, preferably in gas or welding.
- ASSE Medical Gas credentials a plus.
- Working knowledge of welding, brazing processes (specifically silver brazing).
- Hands on experience with cryogenic equipment, pressure piping, compressors, as well as, proven ability to troubleshoot system problems.
- Ability to perform regulator repairs, repair piping/liquid leaks, etc.is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong leadership ability. Motivator, Collaborator and Team Oriented person who knows and understands company objectives and engages field personnel to carry out these requirements in a positive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Demonstrates a clear and succinct writing style for the purpose of general communication and preparing company documents for internal and external distribution.
- Strong problem-solver with an eye for detail.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks or priorities as necessary in the course of the work day.
- Ability to set goals and manage time to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and achievement of goals are accomplished.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, material safety data sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Considerable independent judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations; demonstrating tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers; and handling proprietary information.
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- Employee will regularly be required to transverse through office and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information.
- Requires use of computer, telephone and operation of a motor vehicle.
- Ability to move / lift materials weighing 25-75 pounds; frequent bending, twisting and reaching motions; climbing of ladders, stairs and truck beds; perform various physical maneuvers to complete essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and handle regular exposure to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
- Work space is one that contains moving mechanical parts and risk of electric shock.
- Requires both indoor & outdoor environments in various seasonal weather conditions.
- Noise level is usually moderate, but may contain loud noises and/or odors that may last for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid US Driver's License, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
- Up to 50% travel may be required; some overnight stays.
- Home office.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability .
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.