Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians.
A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER , Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER . We also offer a Bariatric Center , Behavioral Health Center , Cancer Center , Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center , Family Center , Heart & Vascular Center , Orthopedic Center , Physical Therapy Services , Senior First , Sleep Center , Stroke Center, Surgical Services , Wound Healing Center , Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices , and more.
2626 Capital Medical Blvd
Tallahassee, FL 32308
Under general supervision, operates computed tomography equipment, positions patients to produce diagnostic images in a safe manner and also performs related duties. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Operates CT equipment to produce images, scans of designated portions of body. Adjusts equipment and patient to correct positions for each examination. Instructs and explains procedures to patients. Selects proper technical factors, on an individual patient basis according to established protocols.
- Performs reconstruction and special processing (CT Angio) of data. Evaluates completed scans for positioning, technique and adequacy of examination.
- Closely observes patients, performs first aid, as necessary, confers with physician when requested examinations do not appear to be clinically appropriate with the patient's condition, and generally, maintains an acute awareness of any patient under his/her control.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include inputting/editing exams, ensuring that the previous report is printed and in the imaging chart and completion of requisition (taken status) prior to sending images to be read.
- Records and maintains data on appropriate media and electronic storage, and logs. Responsible for correct identification of images.
- Demonstrates customer service principles and behaviors appropriately .
- Associate Degree or equivalent in Radiological Technology required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- ARRT registry required
- State of Florida license required
- BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required
- ARRT registry in CT within 6 months of hire or transfer into CT required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of cross sectional anatomy Required
- Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, imaging techniques, and radiation protection (ALARA) concepts and techniques
- Knowledge of radiographic physics
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to determine exposure factors to achieve optimum radiographic images with a minimum exposure to patients
- Ability to examine images for the purpose of evaluating technique, positioning, and other related qualities
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment with patients during procedures
- Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce desired results.
- Skill in safe and efficient operation of CT equipment and power injectors.
- Ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary to develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to date
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom