About Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. Recognized nationally for quality and safety, it has an 'A' from The Leapfrog Group and has been voted a "Family Favorite" hospital for more than ten years. It is one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times. Good Samaritan is a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques, and is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center.
The CT Scan/Radiology teams are dedicated, healthcare providers with excellent services for patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now.
Schedule: 1.0 (40 hours per week) Shift: Days with rotating weekends
Internal Bidding Period: 3/8/17 - 3/15/17
Under general supervision, performs CT scans, or other specialized radiologic procedures under sterile technique in order to aid physicians in diagnosis and treatment of patients. In doing so, prepares examination area, positions patients for procedures and operates complex radiology equipment in accordance with established techniques and routines. When not involved in CT performs general diagnostic procedures.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required:
1. Current California Certified Radiologic Technologist.
2. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Provider Course
3. Venipuncture Certification preferred within one year of hire.
1. Knowledge of diagnostic principles and procedures as well as operation and maintenance of radiologic equipment as acquired through satisfactory completion of an accredited radiologic technology training program.
2. A minimum of 6 months on-the-job experience performing diagnostic radiology procedures.
3. Ability to learn and utilize computerized patient care management system.
4. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Must effectively read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom