Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center - Cypress, Texas
CT Technologist -Radiology
Since 1983, Cypress Fairbank Medical Center has offered a wide array of health services and specialties. At Cy-Fair Hospital, you'll find 24-hour emergency care, a Primary Stroke Center, an accredited Chest Pain Center, pediatric care, bariatrics, ob-gyn services and more.
Cy-Fair Hospital works to meet the community's needs with four emergency rooms at the hospital and three offsite, as well as two urgent care facilities offering night and weekend hours.
Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center is currently looking for a CT Technologist- Radiology.
(CT Technologist) - Under the general direction of the Director and Manager of Imaging Services and the Supervisor of CT, the CT Technologist is responsible for the provision of computed tomographic radiographs to patients in accordance with physicians' orders. The CT Technologist provides for patient safety and high quality testing. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are required to interact with patient, physicians, visitors, and other staff members. Rapidly changing work flow requires an ability to handle high stress environments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Prepares patients for CT exam, explains procedure and ensures technical quality.
- Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures, and standards.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately provide quality CT examinations in a timely manner.
- Is able to handle high volume, high stress situations.
- Has exceptional critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education.
- Upholds the highest standards of customer service at all times ("customer" includes patients, family members, co-workers, referring physicians, etc.).
- Actively participates in P.I. activities established by the Imaging Department.
- Possesses knowledge of medical terminology sufficient to work accurately within the Imaging Department.
- Serves as a mentor and resource to less experienced staff/students.
- Completes other tasks and activities as assigned.
- Adheres to the Customer Services Principles of Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center.
- Associates, Diploma or BSRT degree in Radiologic Technology
- Previous experience in CT in a clinic or hospital setting is preferred.
- LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- Current registration with ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists)
- Advanced certification in CT required within 6 months of employment
- Current licensure by the Texas Department of Health as an MRT
- Current BLS from American Heart Association