Park Plaza & Plaza Specialty Hospitals - Houston, TX
CT Tech- Radiology
Located adjacent to the Texas Medical Center, Park Plaza and Plaza Specialty Hospitals offer the convenience of a community hospital with two distinct purposes. Since 1975, Park Plaza Hospital has been offering complete medical services, including surgery as well as outpatient, imaging and rehabilitation. Plaza Specialty Hospital, a hospital within a hospital, has been providing long-term acute care to those needing prolonged hospitalization and recovery since 1994.
Park Plaza/Plaza Specialty Hospital is currently looking for a CT Tech - Radiology.
(CT Technologist) - Under the general direction of the Director and Manager of Imaging Services and the Supervisor of CT, the CT Technologist is responsible for the provision of computed tomographic radiographs to patients in accordance with physicians' orders. The CT Technologist provides for patient safety and high quality testing. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are required to interact with patient, physicians, visitors, and other staff members. Rapidly changing work flow requires an ability to handle high stress environments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
• Prepares patients for CT exam, explains procedure and ensures technical quality.
• Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures, and standards.
• Demonstrates ability to accurately provide quality CT examinations in a timely manner.
• Is able to handle high volume, high stress situations.
• Has exceptional critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities.
• Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education.
• Upholds the highest standards of customer service at all times ("customer" includes patients, family members, co-workers, referring physicians, etc.).
• Actively participates in P.I. activities established by the Imaging Department.
• Possesses knowledge of medical terminology sufficient to work accurately within the Imaging Department.
• Serves as a mentor and resource to less experienced staff/students.
• Completes other tasks and activities as assigned.
• Associates, Diploma or BSRT degree in Radiologic Technology
• Previous experience in CT in a clinic or hospital setting is preferred.
• Current registration with ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists)
• Advanced certification in CT required within 6 months of employment
• Current licensure by the Texas Department of Health as an MRT
• Current BLS from American Heart Association
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom