Central Florida Regional Hospital,
a 221-bed acute care hospital, serves the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we will strive to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare in the communities we serve. The hospital provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open heart surgery , interventional cardiology , electrophysiology , cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services . Other specialized services include orthopedic and spine care , robotic surgery , wound care , acute inpatient medical rehabilitation , complete imaging services and The Baby Suites . Central Florida Regional Hospital is located 3.6 miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The hospital has been designated a Level II trauma center and provides 24/7 emergency care both in Sanford and at Oviedo ER , a department of Central Florida Regional Hospital, located at 8300 Red Bug Lake Road. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Prepares and positions patients and equipment in a safe, competent manner in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Performs and completes diagnostic CT examinations in accordance with established operating procedures and routines accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assists in the administration of contrast media and other related procedures in accordance with departmental policy and procedure
- Obtains high quality CT images. Remains proficient in executing software protocols in order to produce quality CT images. Ensures quality assurance measures are met.
- Maintains proactive and effective communication with radiologists regarding any unusual clinical findings or history.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring orders match diagnosis to ensure proper reimbursement for services
- Responsible for the assignment of staff, and coordination of departmental operations in ensuring quality patient care. Ensures that age and culturally appropriate care is given.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of care.
- Schedules and assigns staff effectively; continuously evaluates staff assignments to ensure quality care and service delivery to meet stakeholder needs. Ensures staffing levels are in compliance with daily work load.
- Assists Director with interviewing/hiring, scheduling and assignment and work prioritization communications and productivity, and driving stakeholder value through performance management and evaluation.
- Ensures staffing levels are adequate for patient volume and in compliance with daily work load, while meeting Plus Report standards.
- Serves as a clinical resource and mentor to all employees, assists staff with conflict resolution and problem solving. Assumes an active role in the development and mentoring of staff.
Completion of a 24-month AMA approved school of radiology technology LICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
• Florida Radiologic Technologist certification (CRT) required
• ARRT registration required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Three (3) to five (5) years previous experience in diagnostic radiology technology
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus