Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 257-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery , an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network , Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER , Pediatric ER and Express ER . Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are the parent company of the Destin Emergency Care Center (DECC) and the Rehabilitation Institute, both located on Airport Road in Destin.
Shift is Monday through Thursday (10:30pm to 9am).
The responsibilities of the CT Technologist include, but are not limited to:
- Support PCMC's hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities.
- Under the general direction of the Operations Manager, Medical Imaging, performs diagnostic C.T. examinations to ensure a quality examination.
- Under the general direction of the Operations Manager, Medical Imaging, perform routine radiologic diagnostic exams to ensure quality images.
- Identifies each patient and review patient's chart and previous imaging exams for consistency (exam ordered/clinical diagnosis), and records pertinent data on the patient's requisition.
- Assess patient condition and ensure patient safety through proper use of immobilization and support devices.
- Demonstrate proper response and reliability for "on call" coverage.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care.
- Champion PCMC's mission, vision and values; complies with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company
Education : Graduate of Radiology Technology program
Experience : Minimum one year hospital experience
Licensure: Registered in Radiology and CT Technology -ARRT (R) (CT) or MUST be registered ARRT (CT) within 6 months.
Certification, and/or Registration: Current Florida State License as a General Radiographer
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom