* Operates a computed tomography (CT) scanner to produce cross-sectional radiographs of a patient's body for diagnostic purposes.
* Informs patient of the procedure positions and immobilizes patient and set up any supportive devices necessary to obtain an adequate scan.
* Assists physician in administering the contrast media.
* Responsible for entering technical data into the computer; evaluates the radiographs and computer generated information to ensure technical quality.
* Serves as resource person for hospital and medical staff.
* Serves as a preceptor, or educational resource, for new employees, students and those seeking registry.
*Education: Graduate of an accredited Radiological Technology program; and
*Experience: 1 year experience in Computed Tomography Technology working independently or with limited supervision.
*Licensure: Licensed by the American Registry of Radiological Technologist (ARRT).
Registered as a CT Technologist with the ARRT.
Current certification in Basic Life Support (CPR).
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom